St. Paul's School, founded in 1849, is a college-preparatory day school in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, with a co-ed Lower School and all-boys' Middle and Upper Schools. The school's mission, "Seek truth, knowledge, and excellence; live by faith, compassion, and integrity," is the daily standard for all members of our community.
Seek Truth, Knowledge and Excellence; Live by Faith, Compassion and Integrity.
Responsible for project management tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of Strategic Communications, including print and digital assignments. Also responsible for creating and maintaining the schedule for electronic communications and website updates. The Communications Specialist will create social media content for the School's social networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be present at classroom activities and events on campus to video and photography
- Produce videos for the website, social media, and other needs
- Provide print and digital design, including flyers, mailers, banners, signage, social media and email graphics, etc.
- Coordinate print jobs with print vendors
- Oversight of website content, photography, news and calendar. Ensure that site content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Act as liaison and support to School calendar team in relation to the website calendar
- Maintain shared database of electronic communications and keep Philanthropy Department and Management team informed of workflow and deadlines
- Oversight of the annual year-end update of content on website in conjunction with changes that departments and heads of schools provide.
- Act as liaison with the School's web vendor regarding customer service/site issues and updates
- Responsible for support, design, and implementation of electronic newsletters and e-solicitations.
- Regularly update all social media channels
- Maintain a network of social champions to boost social media reach for the School (including following up with faculty content creators)
- Writing for social media, website, emails, etc. as needed
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable creative instincts in event planning and management a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to develop and manage a budget.
- Availability outside normal working hours when necessary, to manage/staff evening and weekend events.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in marketing and communications or other related fields.
- Bachelor's degree in media, communications, graphic design, film/video, marketing or other related field required.
- Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite, video editing, and website content management software preferred.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...
St. Paul's School is an equal opportunity employer.