The St. Paul's Schools are a family of independent, college-preparatory schools serving more than 1,300 students - infants through grade 12 - on a single 120-acre campus in Brooklandville, Maryland. We are coeducational in the Preschool and Lower School divisions with single-gender Middle and Upper Schools. The St. Paul's Schools educate hearts and minds in an inclusive community that is grounded in the Episcopal values of respect, integrity, and spiritual growth. We deepen students' knowledge and nurture their intellectual curiosity so that they can achieve their best and serve in the world with confidence and compassion.
Founded in 1849 by Old St. Paul's Episcopal Church, the school community represents a cross section of the Baltimore metropolitan area.The Upper School at St. Paul's is an International Baccalaureate school enrolling 358 boys in grades 9 – 12. We are World School accredited by AIMS and the State of Maryland.The school holds membership in NACAC, AIMS, NAIS and Cum Laude Society.Class size is usually under 18 with a student-teacher ratio of 9:1.There are 76 students in the senior class.Of the 48 full-time Upper School faculty members, 79% have advanced degrees.
Seek Truth, Knowledge and Excellence; Live by Faith, Compassion and Integrity.
We at St. Paul's seek to be an inclusive community where all who come through our doors feel welcomed and embraced.
In our mission, we seek:
Truth - We challenge stereotypes, create awareness, and build understanding.
Knowledge - We view our differences as strengths and as opportunities to enhance learning.
Excellence - We recognize that to become our best selves, we must nurture the full potential in each other.
And live by:
Faith - We believe that everyone is a beloved child of God and deserves to be treated as such.
Compassion - We are courageous; we demonstrate respect and empathy for all people.
Integrity - We live up to our founding principles in order to change our community, our city, and the world.
St. Paul's School invites applications for the position of Head of the Upper School for Boys for the 2019 – 2020 school year.The Head of the Upper School leads the Upper School experience for students, faculty/staff, and parents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees implementation of the International Baccalaureate program.
- Collaborates with Department Heads in review and implementation of the curriculum.
- Oversees construction of the Upper School schedule in conjunction with the Academic Dean and SPSG academic leadership.
- Oversees Upper School coordination with St. Paul's School for Girls: including joint course and program offerings, and resource allocation.Faculty Support
- Provides educational leadership, vision, mentoring, support and evaluation of the Upper School faculty.
- Oversees the new faculty hiring process.
- Coordinates and delivers new faculty orientation program.
- Oversees management and review of student records, grading, reporting and transcripts.
- Provides structure for student disciplinary situations including honor code.
- Oversees US disciplinary committee, which reacts to major infractions. Shares recommendation with the Headmaster.
- Oversees homeroom and advisory assignments.
- Oversees student placement and promotion.
- Provides a structure for student awards and recognition and commencement.
- Regularly attends arts, athletic, social and other community event.s
- Oversees delivery of parent education programs and communication.
- Manages student, parent, and faculty conflict resolution.
- Provides a committee structure for addressing Upper School issues.
- Communicates vision, events, and calendar with Upper School Grade parents.
- Reports, when requested, to Board of Trustees, Parents Association, Alumni groups, etc.
- Provides oversight over the Upper School Web page content and calendar.
- Writes monthly bulletin for the website and other parent communications as required.
- Presides over eighth grade student and parent orientation.
- Provides the structure for Upper School Parents Night and Parent Teacher Conference days.
- Coordinates communication on Upper School issues and events with the Heads, Management Team, SPSG, and other groups.
- Prepares and administers Upper School budgets (operating and capital).
- Supports, supervises and evaluates the Upper School staff.
- Responsible for the physical plant of the Upper School Building and Fisher Hall.
- Sits on the Upper School Admissions committee and supports Admissions team as needed.
- Collaborates with the Headmaster and Division Heads on the formation of Upper School policy.
- Represents St. Paul's at various AIMs functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of ten years' experience in education administration required.
- Bachelor's degree required. A Master's degree in education is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=7663&Lock...